Pets in the Garden
About This ProjectThis rear garden had been a dog run with an old deck, boulders and mulch. With a reverse floor plan in the house, the clients wanted to look down on something more pleasant but also functional for the two active golden retrievers.
- Well designed view from above
- Dog friendly and tolerant plants
- Private area for visiting guests to sit
- Stone landing and stairs
- Lean, sandy soil was enhanced by adding several yards of compost.
- Flat linear topography was changed by cutting the walkway into the garden and mounding up on the sides to create a more enveloping and intimate feeling garden.
- The sitting area was created by mounding soil and boulders around a lower area.
Materials Used3/8” California Gold crushed granite, buckskin flagstone and redwood mulch
Plants IncludedGrevillea, Podocarpus, Lomandra, Lavender, Phormium, Rhamnus